Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rant: Violet

Violet can be such a bitch. (And I would tell her that to her face, so don't anyone get all "don't talk about your coven sister behind her back!" on me).

Hannah and I wrote the Lilith ritual a few weeks ago. Initially we were going to perform it Halloween night, but Raven really wanted to do something with her kids, and October weekends are so hard to schedule with other rituals, Halloween parties, birthdays (mine's coming up on the 26th, hint, hint!) Renaissance Festival, etc.

Anyway, we wrote the ritual with the intention of it being high theatre. The ritual calls for special lighting, fog, and a false tombstone for each participant. That's not such a big deal because we planned to host a tombstone making workshop so folks could make their own tombstones. (I can't imagine trying to make neatly 20 tombstones. Kill me.) Hannah offered to host at her house, and she and her husband were going to prepare food for everyone.

Well, last night Violet decided--that's right, Violet, not Raven--that having everyone design their own tombstones would ruin some of the suspense which is necessary for the ritual. She decided that Hannah and I needed to create all the props ourselves since it was our ritual and we needed to be responsible for it.

Um, excuse me? If it's OUR ritual, why is SHE the one giving orders? I get that she's Raven's handmaiden, but I just that that was tacky. I think Raven could tell that I was about to blow a gasket (Violet and my relationship has been awfully volatile lately anyway) because she volunteered to help Hannah build the tombstones. Hannah didn't seem to mind, but she's ...well, Hannah's like that.

I'm still aggravated about the whole thing. I just want to make it through this ritual and get past Halloween. Then the coven needs to have a sit down about roles and boundaries.

No comments: