Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pre-Lilith Ritual

I did it. I asked Heather out, and she said yes! We met last night for dinner at Musashino (best.sushi.ever. OMG! Granted, I've never eaten at Uchi, but who can get reservations at the place anyway?) We split 5 rolls and I had 3 pieces of sashimi. We went to Chez Zee for dessert. I had the lemon rosemary cake. H.e.a.v.e.n.

So, the ritual is tomorrow. I'm feeling very nervous, especially since Heather's coven is going to be there. I actually don't know if Heather will be there or not--she's not an initiate, only a dedicant, and I don't know what Sky Moon's rules are about dedicants attending Sabbat rituals are. (We actually had other stuff to talk about last night besides witch stuff, which was kind of awesome, really.) I'm actually kind of hoping that she won't be there, because while if things go well, it's going to be absolutely FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC (I am super proud of this ritual, and I don't mind saying so), but if things go wrong or even are just mediocre...well, at worst, I'll come off looking inept and stupid and at worst someone could potentially get hurt.

That's something I haven't really talked to anyone about, really, except Hannah. I've worked with Hecate in the past, and while I don't know much about the dark goddesses, I do know that they aren't something to be trifled with. Hecate and I had to part ways because she wanted sacrifices from me that I wasn't willing to make. And from what I can gather about Lilith during my brief encounters with her during writing the ritual, she's more demanding than Hecate and less respectful of personal space.

Part of me is starting to wonder if we should have done a ritual in honor of Persephone instead. At least then I wouldn't be afraid of something going wrong.

Maybe I'm being silly. I'm probably being silly. It's really unlikely that anything is going to go wrong, and even if things don't go exactly as planned, what's really the worst that could happen?

No comments: